Here is Level1Gamers' top boy and girl video game baby names of all time! We were looking for names people would actually name their kids and not just random names like Epona, Link's horse or Sonic our favorite hedgehog ring hoarder. Take a look and tell us what you think in the comments below!
- Zelda: Princess of Hyrule and guardian of the Triforce of Wisdom. She's often portrayed as the damsel in distress, needing help from the protagonist Link. Other times she's shown her battle prowess as Sheik who appears in "Ocarina of Time" and the "Smash Brothers" series. Robin Williams named his daughter after this legendary character.
- Dante: A badass, who is the son of a demon father and a human mother. A demon hunter private investigator who has a thing for taking out the bad demons and supernatural forces. He's on a mission to find out who killed his mother and corrupted his younger twin brother.
- Lara: AKA Tomb Raider, is a beautifully intelligent English archaeologist adventurer, who loves running around in dangerous ancient ruins and tombs in search of powerful artifacts. She has a strong fan following and has been successfully adapted into a movie all her own portrayed by Angelina Jolie.
- Tidus: Popular character and main protagonist from Final Fantasy X. He's a 17 year old Blitzball professional who finds himself transported to the world of Spira after a mysterious creature named Sin attacked his hometown. He then meets a summoner named Yuna and they go on a pilgrimage to destroy the creature that destroyed Titus' home.
- Daisy: Taking the role of "damsel in distress" from Princess Peach, she first appeared in Super Mario Land in 1989. She has appeared in many other titles since then often paired with Princess Peach. She is supposedly a love interest of Luigi. Many famous people share this name including Cuban American Daisy Fuentes.
- Geralt: A superhuman witcher (known as the White Wolf) downs toxic potions like water and is exceptional at killing monsters. He carries two swords; a steel sword and a silver sword, which is useful against the creatures that go bump in the night. He's great at getting himself into trouble and his story changes depending on the choices you make.
- Kairi: One of the main characters in the Kingdom Hearts game series. She first appears on a island with her friends Sora and Riku. She is the Princess of Heart, one of the seven maidens who hold no darkness and only pure light. Being so pure has it's benefits, when she loses her Keyblade she remains in a dormant state not becoming one of the "heartless".
- Mario: I guess it goes without saying that this plumber from Mushroom Kingdom would be on this list. The Mario game series is the best selling video game series of all time. First appearing in Donkey Kong in 1981, Mario has come a long way. He's appeared in more than 200 video games since then.
- Misty: A fearsome Pokémon gym leader of Cerulean City, who specializes in water type Pokémon. She's also one of the main protagonists who travels along side Ash and Brock to become the "worlds best trainer of water-type Pokémon". There are a lot of great Mistys out there including 3 time volleyball Olympic Gold medalist Misty May-Treanor.
- Gordon: Known as Gordon Freeman, he is the main protagonist of the Half-Life series. He graduated with a PhD in Theoretical Physics and uses that giant brain of his to blow up aliens to smithereens! He is recognized most often wearing his hazmat suit and carrying a crowbar. Our favorite famous person with the name Gordon is chef Gordon Ramsey.
What do you think? Do you agree with our list? What are you favorite video game inspired baby names?